Discus Fish

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discus Fish

Post  juliamarina on Thu 11 Mar 2010, 9:35 am

Hi everyone,

Just wondering anyone else out there keeping Discus, I have had mine a few years now, they are not hard to keep as the Manx water is soft anyway.

Interested to find out if anyone else out keeps them. I also have a 250ltre. Red Sea Max, with marine fish , corals and critters. Very Happy flower lol!

Juliamarina

juliamarina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discus Fish

Post  Cookie on Wed 17 Mar 2010, 1:25 pm

HI Julia,

None as yet. Do you need RO water as suggested on many sites for discuss?

Used to have a Trigon 190 marine, love the marines just the time to faff around with em.

Thanks
Cookie

Cookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Discus - water

Post  juliamarina on Wed 17 Mar 2010, 3:06 pm

H

Hi Cookie,

No not necessarily the water on the Island is quite soft just check your ph. in your area, as they require 6.5 to 7ph. preferably the lower, but if you use a good water Guard they should be fine, I have R.O for the marines so I use both just for convenience, but you get more minerals in tap water, as R.O. water is complete purified water, and would need to put in vitamin supplements.

You can use Buxton water occasionally to top up the tank as it has not been tampered with it is straight "from the well" so to speak, I read that in one of the PFK magazines.

Also the PFK magazine this months recommends using H2Ocean Marine salts, they have tested various marine salts and this is the nearest to the "Sea" itself.

Regards,

Julia Very Happy farao lol!

juliamarina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discus Fish

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top